NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Tuesday, November 7, 2023 at 6:30 pm
8550 Young Road, Chilliwack, BC V2P 8A4
TAKE NOTICE that the Council of the City of Chilliwack will hold a Public Hearing, as noted above, on the following items:
1. OFFICIAL COMMUNITY PLAN BYLAW AMENDMENT BYLAW 2023, No. 5360 (RZ001722)
2. ZONING BYLAW AMENDMENT BYLAW 2023, No. 5361 (RZ001722)
Locations: 9355 Nowell Street, 45915 Princess Avenue, 46006, 46018, 46026 and
46038 Victoria Avenue and 9330, 9334, 9340, 9343 and 9347 Young Road.
Applicant: City of Chilliwack
Purpose: To amend the 2040 Official Community Plan designations for the subject properties from ‘Urban Quarter’ and ‘Residential 4’ to ‘Civic/Institutional’ as per the Downtown Land Use and Development Plan, and to rezone the properties from a C3 (Town Centre Commercial) Zone to a CP (Commercial Parking) Zone, to facilitate retention of existing City parking lots, as shown on the maps below.
1. ZONING BYLAW AMENDMENT BYLAW 2023, No. 5348 (RZ001684)
2. DEVEOPLMENT VARIANCE PERMIT (DVP01317)
Location: 45470 Bernard Avenue
Applicant: Parveen Aggarwal
Purpose: To rezone the subject property from an R1-A (Urban Residential) Zone to an R1-B (Urban Duplex Residential) Zone, to facilitate a future duplex development on the subject property, as shown on the map below.
A concurrent Development Variance Permit application has been submitted to reduce the rear lot line
setback within the proposed R1-B (Urban Duplex Residential) Zone from 7.5m to 6.0m.
Please review the instructions below in regards to the participation options for the Public Hearing:
1. Written submissions, including your full name and address, to the Legislative Services Department at 8550 Young Road, Chilliwack, BC V2P 8A4 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, November 6, 2023.
2. Participate in person at the City of Chilliwack, Council Chambers, located at 8550 Young Road, Chilliwack, BC.
All submissions will be recorded and form part of the official record of the meeting. The Council meeting will be broadcast live on the City of Chilliwack website via the following link: www.chilliwack.com/live for viewing by the public.
These proposed bylaws will be provided via email upon request between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, from Wednesday, October 25, 2023 to Tuesday, November 7, 2023, both inclusive, by the Planning Department at 604-793-2906 or email@example.com.
Please note that no further information or submissions can be considered by Council after the conclusion of the Public Hearing.
Jacqueline Morgan, CMC