Renewed plea for answers in 40-year-old B.C. cold case

The family of Lawrence Wellington Allard is hoping a private reward will get them some closure

Lawrence Wellington Allard was last seen in Kamloops in November 1975. Image contributed.

A niece that lives in Florida is renewing her family’s plea for answers after her uncle went missing in Kamloops 40 years ago.

Lawrence Wellington Allard was reported missing on Sept. 26, 1977 when he was 35 years old. He would be 77 now.

His family is offering a new private reward for information in his disappearance.

Allard was first reported missing by his mother in 1977, however police quickly discovered that he had not actually been seen since November 1975.

“He had been living in Kamloops with his mother on Tamarac Avenue before his disappearance. Lawrence is First Nations and frequently stayed with friends on the Kamloops Indian Reserve,” said Cpl. Jodi Shelkie.

“The initial investigation and subsequent interviews of family members, friends and witnesses over the years has not revealed any specifics of Lawrence’s disappearance. RCMP have no evidence of why or how he disappeared.”

Now, more than 40 years later, the police file remains open.

“Kamloops RCMP Serious Crime Unit has and will actively follow up on all leads and tips received regarding the disappearance of Allard,” added Shelkie.

“Unfortunately, at the time of his disappearance, there were no leads or tips from the public.”

RCMP say that most of Allard’s friends and associates that were spoken to at the time of his disappearance are now deceased.

“It is the RCMP’s hope that by bringing forward Larry Allard’s name, some new information may be brought to light. And, in an effort to get much needed closure, the family is offering a private reward for information leading to the discovery of his remains,” explained Shelkie.

“Allard’s family is solely responsible for the administration of the private reward.”

Anyone with any information is asked to call Kamloops RCMP at 250-828-3000.

Related: Britain’s Got Talent 2017 turns attention to Kelowna missing person case

Related: Search for Ryan Shtuka in Sun Peaks continues

Related: MMIW drone team fundraising for summer searches

To report a typo, email:
newstips@saobserver.net
.


@carmenweld
carmen.weld@bpdigital.ca

Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Just Posted

RCMP nab prolific car thief in Agassiz after month-long search

A province-wide warrant was issued for Brian Robert Stephan in June for a litany of offences

Traffic snarls at Agassiz/Harrison bridge after biker falls on road

A road bicyclist fell from his bike while crossing the bridge and needed medical attention

Complaint about cattle prods at Chilliwack rodeo

Fair reps investigate after Vancouver Humane Society pics show shocking device at bullriding event

Inquest scheduled into woman’s death while in Chilliwack police custody

BC Coroners Service has scheduled a public inquest into the death of Charlene Teresa Sakamoto

New trail link from Chilliwack Community Forest to the valley floor underway

The new trail will boast 350-metre elevation drop for mountain-bikers, hikers and more

PHOTOS: B.C. city wakes up to darkness under wildfire smoke

The rest of the province also dealing with thick haze as smoky skies continue

VIDEO: RibFest kicks off in Langley

Free event features barbecue ribs, chicken, pork and brisket from Canada’s top rib artists

Hospitals to see ‘delays’ in care after losing Saudi students, health group says

About 1,000 Saudi residents called back to kingdom after suspending diplomatic relations with Canada

Bernier diatribe against ‘extreme multiculturalism’ boosts Liberal coffers

Party spokesperson Braeden Caley says online donations doubled, social media engagement quadrupled

‘Disjointed’ system hinders British Columbia First Nations in wildfire fight

More than 550 wildfires were burning in B.C. and crews were bracing for wind and dry lightning

Castlegar bridge designed by architect of collapsed Italian bridge

Riccardo Morandi designed the Kinnaird Bridge, which is part of Highway 3.

Federal government announces over $115 million to Royal Canadian Navy

Defence Minister Harjit S. Sajjan was at Victoria’s CFB Esquimalt to announce missile system upgrades

Surrey looks to target illegal dumpers with surveillance cameras

Since 2007, illegal dumping has cost the City of Surrey more than $8.5 million dollars

Court sides with developer in Jumbo ‘substantially started’ dispute

Resort developer successfully argues 2014 decision that halted the project was unfair

Most Read