Firefighters extinguish Cramer Drive garage fire

Misuse of an extension cord may have been the cause of a fire that caused minimal damage last Thursday morning.

Firefighters from two halls successfully doused a garage fire last Thursday morning.

Halls one and four responded to a call at 6 a.m. in the 8500 block of Cramer Drive. They arrived to see smoke and flame coming out of a garage attached to a two-story home. The people inside were evacuated while the firefighters extinguished the blaze.

Damage was limited to the garage and there were no injuries.

The cause is accidental and related to misuse of extension cords.