Skip to content

Cigarette blamed for Sardis Park house fire

Four people manage to escape Chilliwack house fire Sunday night.

Smoldering embers from a cigarette are being blamed for house fire that also destroyed storage sheds, and RV and adjacent hedges Sunday night.

Four people who were home at the time managed to escape and were uninjured.

Chilliwack firefighters from halls 1 and 4 responded to the just after 9:30 p.m. in the 46000 block of Griffin Drive near Sardis Park. When the arrived, they found a fully involved single storey residential home, two storage sheds, RV and hedge. Firefighters worked to contain the fire and prevent it from spreading to neighboring homes.

There were no civilian or firefighter injuries, officials said.

Cause of the fire is accidental and is related to embers from a cigarette.

Pop-up banner image