What’s your fashion personality? Your personal style? Body type and lifestyle? These are the considerations we weigh when choosing the perfect outfit and accessories.
But knowing the questions doesn’t mean the answers always come easily … that’s where the local experts can be an invaluable resource.
“We’ll offer suggestions and honest advice – it’s our desire to connect with our customers authentically that allows us to learn about them and build meaningful relationships,” says Lois Chadburn, owner of Lolly’s Fashion Lounge. “We can even put together a dressing room full of options just for them.”
Celebrating 18 years in downtown Chilliwack, the independent fashion boutique is your source for hip, stylish holiday fashions and gorgeous gift ideas for women of all ages, says Lois, whose niece Kate Chadburn also joins her at the store.
Need an extra boost? Book a personal styling session and wear your fabulous new fashions with confidence. Or for fun night out, arrange a private shopping party for you and your girlfriends, complete with refreshments and special savings!
So, what’s hot this holiday season?
“While we have some designer labels, like Michael Kors, we also have lots of great gift ideas starting at just $20,” Lois says. (And for stocking stuffers, the oh-so-soft bamboo socks at $12 are a must!)
- Beautiful + practical: The V. Fraas line – beautiful designer scarves and accessories crafted in Germany since 1880 – are probably the No. 1 gift this time of year, Lois says, pointing to the sought-after Cashmink scarf as a perfect example: softer than cashmere, water-repellent and hypo-allergenic.
- Think local: As an independent shop themselves, Lolly’s knows the value of supporting local, so they’re proud to feature brands like Vancouver’s popular Brunette the Label, whose holiday line just arrived. Browse cosy sweaters sporting such fun slogans as “Wine is making me awesome” and “Pinot please” in addition to their “Blonde,” “Brunette” and “Redhead” series.
- Get cosy: That Christmas morning staple, pyjamas, is even cosier with P.J. Salvage, whose line features great graphics and sayings like “Rise & Grind” and “Let’s get cosy.” Pet lover on your list? Don’t miss the “Think Pawsitive” PJ pants, Lois says, pointing to quality details like the embroidered cuff.
- Family focus: As a family-run business, Lolly’s loves family-minded products, like Zsiska jewellery. Hand-crafted in Thailand, striking pieces are created from resin and materials like 24k gold leaf and pure silver leaf. The original 14 women artisans hired in the 1990s still work with Zsiska today, with their success paving the way for family members to join the company too.
- Get registered! If you’re tempted with a few treats for yourself while checking off names on your gift list, here’s the perfect solution: a gift registry! Simply let the Lolly’s team know what’s caught your eye and if your Secret Santa comes in, they’ll know the perfect colour and size to surprise you with! (Of course, exchanges are no problem and gift certificates are always the right size).