Chilliwack RCMP have received two reports of a suspicious male in a green minivan or pickup truck driving around school zones in the Sardis area.
One young boy was followed home from school Monday afternoon in the area of Mountain View Way and Stevenson Road.
The man was described as being older, with a thin build, wearing glasses and a baseball cap.
The second incident happened Tuesday morning were a young boy riding his bike to school was followed by a man driving a green pickup truck with a green canopy.
“Neither of the boys were spoken to by this man,” RCMP Cpl. Tammy Hollingsworth said.
“The boys were just frightened and did the right thing (by) telling someone about the incident,” she said.
Police are advising parents to know where their children are, and to talk with them about “stranger danger.”
Some police safety tips:
– give your child money to keep in their pocket for 911 calls;
– tell your child to “run, yell and tell” when approached by a stranger;
– use the buddy system when walking home from school;
– don’t mark your child’s name on the outside of backpacks or school work;
– remind children never to accept rides from strangers or talk to people they don’t know.
Anyone with information about the two incidents this week are asked to call the Chilliwack RCMP at 604-792-4611 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS