Crews were on the scene of a house fire Tuesday morning on Hyatt Place in Abbotsford. Tyler Olsen/Abbotsford News

Crews were on the scene of a house fire Tuesday morning on Hyatt Place in Abbotsford. Tyler Olsen/Abbotsford News

VIDEO: Quick-thinking neighbour tends to house fire

Incident takes place Tuesday morning on Hyatt Place in Abbotsford

The quick actions of a neighbour helped to keep a house fire from spreading and causing more damage Tuesday morning in Abbotsford.

The fire occurred just before 11 a.m. on Hyatt Place – north of Old Yale Road in east Abbotsford.

A next-door neighbour spotted smoke coming from the side of the home. He used a fire extinguisher and then called Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service.

Crews arrived and were quickly able to fully extinguish the fire before any significant damage was caused.

No further details were available at this time.

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in you inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up
Pop-up banner image