Surrey firefighters give a puppy oxygen after pulling the pup from a residential unit in Morgan Crossing Thursday evening. (Contributed photo)

Surrey firefighters give a puppy oxygen after pulling the pup from a residential unit in Morgan Crossing Thursday evening. (Contributed photo)

Puppy rescued from smoky South Surrey condo

Fire alarms brought firefighters to the Morgan Crossing residences around 7 p.m.

Firefighters responding to fire alarms in South Surrey’s Morgan Crossing Thursday are being hailed for their care of a puppy found in a smoky unit.

“Great job by Surrey firefighters rescuing a puppy from smoke inhalation at a condo in Morgan Crossing,” a witness who captured heartwarming images of two firefighters giving a puppy oxygen told Peace Arch News.

Battalion Chief Reo Jerome confirmed crews were alerted to a fire at around 7 p.m. Thursday, in a condo located inthe 15800-block of 26 Avenue.

Jerome said sprinklers extinguished the blaze, however, the unit sustained significant water damage. The cause,he said, was traced to the stove.

In addition to the puppy, two cats and four reptiles were pulled from the condo, Jerome said.

While two firefighters sustained minor injuries, “all the animals are fine,” he added.

 

Surrey firefighters give a puppy oxygen after pulling the pup from a residential unit in Morgan Crossing Thursday evening. (Contributed photo)

Surrey firefighters give a puppy oxygen after pulling the pup from a residential unit in Morgan Crossing Thursday evening. (Contributed photo)

Be Among The First To Know

Sign up for a free account today, and receive top headlines in you inbox Monday to Saturday.

Sign Up with google Sign Up with facebook

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Reset your password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

A link has been emailed to you - check your inbox.



Don't have an account? Click here to sign up
Pop-up banner image