Plans for the new Chilliwack secondary school will soon be unveiled.
Chilliwack school district is holding an open house at CSS on Feb. 28 where it will for the first time publicly present its plans for the new school project.
School district officials as well as the design-build team – Graham Design Builders – will be on hand to answer questions about the design and construction of the replacement high school, which will be located on the same property as the current school.
Some of the highlights will include:
• 21st century learning spaces.
• A Neighbourhood Learning Centre component, which will provide support for students and their families.
• Facilities to accommodate the Fraser Valley Distance Education school.
• Outstanding athletic facilities, which will include an artificial turf field.
• An aboriginal cultural centre.
The open house is on Feb. 28 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Graham Design Builders was one of three teams to compete for the project.
“The Graham proposal offered the school district the greatest value for money,” said board chair Doug McKay.
Graham Design Builders has been in the construction business for over 80 years, and is 100 per cent employee owned.
The facility will be designed in accordance with best practices for sustainability and is expected to achieve LEED Gold (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification.
The new school will be able to accommodate 1,200 Grades 10 to 12 students.
For more information, contact the school district office at 604-792-1321 or visit the website at www.sd33.bc.ca.