Police say there was no danger to the public when an RCMP emergency response team executed a search warrant in the 45000-block of Lewis Avenue on Sept. 24.
A neighbour contacted The Progress to ask for any official details after the police operation last week since it scared everyone in their house.
The witness said they heard what sounded like gunshots, flash bangs, and a police helicopter.
Officers with the Lower Mainland District Emergency Response Team (ERT) were dispatched to the scene in Chilliwack on Sept. 24 to conduct the search as part of an “ongoing RCMP investigation,” a police official confirmed.
No one was injured during the ERT operation, but no further details about the results of the search will be released to protect the integrity of the investigation, according to RCMP Cpl. Mike Rail, spokesperson for the Upper Fraser Valley Regional Detachment in Chilliwack.
“There was no danger to the public at any point,” Rail said.
Police were in the area for hours, and again for part of the next day.
Do you have something to add to this story, or something else we should report on? Email:
Want to support local journalism during the pandemic? Make a donation here.