A workshop at a Chilliwack mushroom farm was destroyed by fire Sunday afternoon.
The blaze occurred at around 2:45 p.m. in the 6000 block on Blackburn Road in Greendale, sending a thick column of black smoke high into the afternoon sky.
When firefighters arrived on scene, the one-storey workshop was already fully involved.
Because of the rural location, crews had to ferry water in by tanker truck from nearby hydrants.
Firefighters from halls 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 were brought in to battle the blaze. They were eventually joined by an excavator that helped firefighters douse hotspots.
Crews were able to contain the fire loss to the workshop and prevent it from spreading to adjacent buildings.
There were no injuries.
Cause of the fire was accidental, fire officials said.