One person was air-lifted to hospital after escaping a house fire Sunday morning.
Firefighters were called out at 8 a.m. to a single-family home in the 45,000 block of Trethewey Avenue. Smoke and fire were visible when they arrived, and they were told there was still someone inside.
They quickly broke in, got the man out and treated him at the scene before sending him to the hospital.
It took 20 firefighters, from two halls, to eventually extinguish the blaze. They were at it for nearly three hours, and they weren’t able to save the house from heavy fire and smoke damage.
The fire started in the kitchen and an investigation has determined it to be accidental.