A roll-off garbage bin behind Ruth and Naomi’s Main Campus building was the source of a fire Sunday at noon.
Fire crews were dispatched from all over the city, as the bin that was on fire was very close to the mission, which houses and feeds the city’s underprivileged.
But the first crews on scene were able to extinguish the fire quickly, as neighbours in the area watched on.
The smoke did carry into nearby homes, including the supportive housing apartment building next door.
Want to support local journalism during the pandemic? Make a donation here.