No civilians, firefighters or goats were injured after a fire destroyed a small barn on Lickman Road in Chilliwack on Monday.
At about 9 p.m. on Oct. 15, the Chilliwack Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a structure fire located in the barn in the 5000 block of Lickman.
Firefighters responded from Halls 1, 2, 4, and 6 and on arrival, reported heavy fire and smoke venting from the structure. Occupants were home but unaware of the fire, which was called in by a neighbour.
Fire crews setup a defensive attack bringing the fire under control and ensuring no extension to other structures.
There were no civilian, firefighter, or animal injuries.
This fire appears to be accidental caused by an unattended heat source.
The Chilliwack Fire Department reminds the public that animals are unpredictable and can knock heat sources over. Manufacturer recommendations should be followed when using portable heat sources to keep areas warm.