Ann Davis Transition Society has suspended some of its services and added new ones to help staff and clients cope with the COVID-19 situation.
Two of the new services include one-on-one counselling for women struggling with stress over the virus, and emergency counselling for youth 15 to 30.
Patti MacAhonic, Executive Director of Ann Davis Transition Society, said they are carefully monitoring developments and adjusting.
“It is so important to keep as many services as possible available through the COVID-19 times we are in, to support the most vulnerable in the community,” MacAhonic said. “As an employer we have worked very hard to keep as many of our staff of 60.”
Here is a rundown ADTS services currently:
• Housing as usual, by self-referral – call 604-792-3116
• Family Time Visits Program service suspended temporarily
• Legal Advocacy will be by phone: Call 604-792-2760 to schedule an appointment
• Youth Counselling – Phone appointments only call 604-792-2760 to schedule
• Stopping the Violence Counselling 604-792-2760 to schedule
• Added service: Being isolated at home due to the coronavirus can be extremely stressful. The Ann Davis Transition Society is offering free one-on-one phone counselling services for adult women who are struggling with the impacts of social distancing. Please call 604-792-2760 to get connected to support.
• Added service: Emergency youth counselling for ages 15-30. Please call 604-792-2760 to get connected to support.
“Please understand that at Ann Davis Transition Society we are all committed to keeping the people we serve safe and healthy as we attempt to avoid the spreading of the COVID 19 virus in Canada.
“We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we work through this together.
Do you have something to add to this story, or something else we should report on? Email: