World Gym International, the iconic global brand, is opening its first neighbourhood fitness studio with World Gym Athletics Chilliwack.
The new concept features World Gym Athletics’ signature small group training program, plus other studio favourites like kick boxing, cycling and more.
Opening this month in a brand new space inside Vedder Pointe Shopping Centre, the 8,500-square-foot fitness studio boasts all the latest equipment and training facilities, with five coaches leading more than 30 classes each week. In addition to World Gym Athletics’ signature classes – Foundations, Performance, One Barbell, HIIT and PACE – World Gym Athletics Chilliwack athletes will also enjoy access to cycling, cardio-kickboxing, spin, tanning, full service modern locker rooms, personal training and a signature Barbell Cafe.
Independently owned and operated by long-time Chilliwack residents and fitness enthusiasts Ernie Charlton and Mike Joseph, membership presales are available at the studio until Dec. 15.
“We tried World Gym Athletics at a World Gym in Texas and had the best workout of our lives,” Joseph says.
“Once we saw the sense of community, science behind the programming, education of the coaches and intensity of the workouts, we knew we had to bring this concept home to Chilliwack. There is nothing else like it in Canada,” Charlton adds.
A complete system for personal and group training, members get the most out of their workouts with safe, intense, and balanced sessions.
- Foundations – Entry classes to ensure every athlete feels safe, confident and prepared. Foundations teaches athletes how to move efficiently and safely and welcomes them to the World Gym Athletics family.
- Performance – The signature daily session is carefully programmed to ensure a well-balanced training program. The comprehensive training matrix ensures athletes get all-over strong and lean. Athletes are ready to lift a barbell, jump on a box, do some pull-ups, push themselves and have a lot of fun doing it. Coached with skill and technique before adding intensity and weight, the science-based programming helps athletes progress.
- HIIT Camp – Fast-paced, fun and challenging, this high-intensity interval training camp uses body weight, kettle bells, medicine balls, jump ropes, dumbbells and more. Blasting all muscle groups, athletes burn mega calories and get head-to-toe strong and lean.
- PACE – The ultimate treadmill workout to burn more calories in less time. Heart-pounding music inspires athletes through treadmill intervals as a team. Coaches guide athletes to improve form to run faster, more efficiently and injury free.
- One Barbell – A 30-minute class designed to get athletes all-over strong. Each class includes 10 minutes of prep, skill and technique, and 20 minutes of all-out, fast-paced barbell and bodyweight movements. One Barbell is perfect for athletes who want a fun, complete, full-body workout in just 30 minutes.
World Gym Athletics Chilliwack is the first fitness studio for the iconic and storied World Gym brand, known for its flagship full-service gyms in 22 countries. For more information about World Gym International, visit worldgym.com Athletes interested in joining World Gym Athletics Chilliwack, should visit WorldGym.com/Chilliwack.