You still swing the club yourself but technology can be a large contributing factor on improving your game.
Changes in clubs, shoes, balls and electronic devices are constantly being developed. Smartphones are now being used as your own on-course GPS. Course overviews with hole by hole video footage, pro tips for each hole, online scoring and instant upload to Golf Canada to track your handicap are all at your fingertips while your partner is teeing off.
Incorporating the latest golf-related technology, The Falls Golf Club in Chilliwack has launched a free app for Apple and Android smartphones.
Here are the Top 5 reasons to use a golf app:
- Acts as a free GPS device.
- Online booking. Book your next game quick and easily in minutes from your cell phone.
- Exclusive promotions. Receive special offers that are only available for app users.
- Keep up to date. Be the first to know about aeration dates, course conditions and events.
- Interactive score card. Don’t waste time adding up the scores of your group – the app now does this for you.
“Our new golf app features a booking engine that allows golfers to book 24 hours a day and take advantage of online specials, while the GPS yardage tracking makes for easier club selection and overall pace of play,” said Glen Hartley, Golf Operations Manager.
“It’s a terrific tool to save money, lower scores and speed up pace of play.”
• To download your free app, click here: http://gallusgolf.com/DownloadApp/621/The-Falls-Golf-Club