After closing for three days to decorate from top to bottom, Chilliwack’s Creekside Home Decor welcomes the community for Christmas next week.
Against the backdrop of twinkling lights and seasonal greenery, the scent of ginger cookies and hot apple cider will fill the air as shoppers browse Christmas at Creekside, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24.
“It’s really beautiful. We bring in trees, garlands, wreaths for a magical transformation,” says owner Gail Roscoe. “The day is so much fun, seeing all the people. It’s like a party, it really is.
Shoppers line-up early for the best selection, but the holiday cheer continues throughout the day at Christmas at Creekside, a must-do every year. Here’s why:
- Be inspired. The decorating plans are a closely guarded secret, so when the paper comes off the windows and the doors open, shoppers can’t wait to see the magic within. (Hint: Be sure to look for the shimmering new display above the counter!)
- Dream and decorate. Holiday decorations aren’t the only way to add a little sparkle to your home this winter. Freshen up your decor with new look to take your home right through winter. New lighting? A fresh coat of milk paint to brighten a familiar furnishing? From dining room to powder room, welcome your holiday guests in style.
- Gifting ideas. Scheduled to allow time to mail gifts world-wide in time for the holidays, ideas range from home decor accessories and table accents to jewellery and tree ornaments. Joining your favourites from previous years are beautiful new soy candles from Alberta, jewellery from Regina and local BC artists whose work promises to delight. “It’s exciting to be able to say to people, ‘That’s made in Canada’ or ‘That’s made in BC,’” says Gail, noting that for those living locally, you’ll never go wrong with a Creekside gift certificate.
- New & notable. You won’t find trendy colours or styles here, but you will find classic style that stands the test of time. “I don’t pay attention to trends as much as timeless styles and pieces that people can enjoy year after year,” Gail reflects. And there’s no better time to add to your cherished Christmas collections.
- Go green! Here on the West Coast, greenery plays a large part in our holiday decor, inside and out. Transformed for the season with lights, lanterns, greenery and decorations, find holiday trees, garlands and more in store.
- Time with friends. Welcoming guests until 8 p.m., Creekside’s open house is a destination event for many friends, who come together for a night out, Gail says. “It’s like a party. Everyone is excited and happy, friends run into each other who haven’t seen each other in a while, it’s great fun.”
- Enter to win. As a thank you, shoppers will receive a free gift with purchase while supplies last, and be sure to enter the draw for one of two $50 Creekside gift certificates to be used before Christmas. Watch on Instagram for even more chances to win!