Lovers of all things vintage and unique are in for a treat during this year’s Vintage Barn Market – more than 115 treats, in fact!
Welcoming shoppers Nov. 2 and 3, this “modern vintage market” will bring together more than 115 creators and curators at Chilliwack Heritage Park for a weekend full of special finds.
“We are unique in that we feature amazing, locally crafted or curated items that you won’t find everywhere else,” explains Larissa Garcia, who co-founded the Market with friend and business partner Breanna Ross.
“We both really love vintage design and local craftsmanship and wanted to showcase our talented local artisans. The Vintage Barn Market was born.”
Need more reasons to visit this year’s market? Here’s 5!
- Pop-up dress-up – Gift-giving and holiday decorating aren’t the only reasons to visit the market. Garcia is keen to share some of the Lower Mainland’s many talented designers and curators who’ll be showcasing some stunning clothing options – perfect for the holiday season – in a whole pop-up fashion area.
- Inspired offerings – When vendors include a mobile bookshop housed in a renovated RV, you know this isn’t your standard show. There’s one vendor who will be selling vinyl records, another one who shares her own essential oils, and still another who makes her own tea.
- Modern vintage … and more – While Garcia and Ross share a love of the look and quality of vintage design, be ready to discover a whole lot more. “We love meeting and connecting with all small business owners – whether you’re a crafter or a collector, we want to be inspired by you and your story,” Ross says.
- It’s fun evening out – The more than 8,000 people expected over the weekend can’t be wrong, but the Vintage Barn Market’s appeal is about more than the shopping experience. Welcoming guests from 4 to 10 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, there’s a fun vibe as friends share a time out. “People love the vendors we choose, but there’s also the whole feel of the market when they come in, especially in such a great venue,” Garcia says.
- It’s easy and accessible – Not only does the Heritage Park offer a stellar setting – “I didn’t want to do the show if we couldn’t do it at the Park,” Garcia says – but it’s also easy to get to, and there’s ample FREE parking.