What’s on your holiday shopping list?
Chances are you’ll find it – and a whole lot more! – at the 44th annual Chilliwack Christmas Craft Market Nov. 16 to 18.
Hosted by the Chilliwack Community Arts Council at Chilliwack Heritage Park, discover a winter wonderland filled with sought-after work by talented BC artists and artisans. From toys to tea, West Coast wines to West Coast Jewellery, discover talented artisans from across the Fraser Valley and beyond.
“It’s a tradition for the Chilliwack community,” says co-coordinator Jennifer Hickey, noting that shoppers can expect more than ever, with 180+ vendors expected at the arts council’s largest yearly fundraiser.
“We have artisans from all over BC, but we have a great group of local talent as well,” Hickey says, adding that proceeds support community events and arts initiatives, plus three annual art scholarships for local students.
Here’s what else you’ll find:
- Gifts for everyone on your list: From gifts for him to must-have toddler wear, leathercrafts and metalworks to unique handcrafted holiday decor and jewellery, you’ll find it here. Joining your returning favourites will be a variety of new vendors, including expanded food and drink offerings. “We also have a few winery and distillery options and we’ll have some samples and tastings as well, so that is always popular!”
- Entertaining ideas: While a trio from the Chilliwack Metropolitan Orchestra will entertain shoppers as they arrive Saturday, the entertaining possibilities reach far beyond. In fact, with more than 30 vendors under the “food” category alone, your entertaining, foodie gift-giving and hostess gift shopping just got a whole lot more exciting!
- Inspiration! Don’t miss the Chilliwack Floral Art Club displays as you head into the show – inspiring designs you might incorporate into your own holiday arrangements. Inside, the Gatherings West Decor team will create a variety of beautiful displays that will likely offer a few more ideas.
- Door prizes: Every admission receives a door prize ticket, so be sure to enter to the draw for some exciting prizes selected from the market vendors.
- Ample parking and other basics: On-site parking during the show will be by donation in support of the Valley Huskers Football Club, a local community youth sports team. Dedicated volunteers from this local group ensure that your parking experience is hassle-free. Strollers are welcome – the wide, welcoming aisles offer lots of room – and for easy shopping, an ATM is on-site, near the main entrance and washrooms.
Mark your calendar!
Admission for the Arts Council fundraiser is $4 per person (kids 10 and younger free).