Chris Franklin remembers walking into Michael’s on Main Hair and Nail Studio and being struck by the image of customers chatting together around circular table in the entry.
At other salons, customers waiting for their appointments or for their colour to set would be sitting in chairs along a wall, scanning their phones or magazines. But here they were reconnecting with old friends and making new ones.
And that’s exactly the kind of place Michael’s is, reflects Chris, stylist and salon owner.
It begins with feeling comfortable enough to ask questions – you can even book a complimentary session with a stylist to discuss possible ideas.
“Sometimes people don’t know what they want for a new look, or they need our help to grow it into a new style,” she explains. “We take the time to work with customers to make it happen, or provide insight about what might work.”
And there’s no better time than now to stop by!
- Get a special look: Needing a new look or just a touch up? Don’t wait until the last minute to book your next trim or style – the earlier you book, the easier it will be to fit your appointment into your schedule. Special event coming up? Arrange for a fun style or up-do and look fab without the fuss!
- Gifts galore: While chatting with your stylist, be sure to ask what’s new in store for those “special someones” on your list (of course, you’ll probably want to splurge with a little something for yourself, as well!) In addition to gift certificates – always the right colour! – look for favourite products, or even hair straighteners, great for holiday or birthday gift-giving.
- Seasonal sparkle: Glitter or bedazzled hair clips aren’t the only way to add some seasonal sparkle. Michael’s has teamed up with Jaime of Silver Butterfly Jewelry to showcase her handmade, custom silver jewelry – a gorgeous gift or just-right accessory of earrings, pendants, or rings.
- Nailed it! Finish your oh-so-personalized look with Michael’s on Main’s nail technician, Rose. Light Concept Nails offer a quality, long-lasting finish that won’t compromise your natural nails and will see you through any holiday season and beyond!
- Great time to give back: As Community Ambassadors actively involved in the Downtown Chilliwack Business Improvement District and other local initiatives, community is key at Michael’s. Their ongoing commitment to the Chilliwack Community Cupboard continues with their collection of non-perishable food, clothing and school supplies for local families with kids under 19 in the home. You’ll also notice their handiwork in the current production of Agatha Christie’s Murder on the Nile, as the team is creating the hairstyles for the Chilliwack Players Guild production.