Sponsored by QE Home | Quilts Etc | Impress Branded Content
During the peak summer months, no one likes being stuck in a heat wave and uncomfortably hot throughout the night only to wake up feeling groggy. QE Home | Quilts Etc is a Canadian luxury bedding company dedicated to keeping you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
How to get a better sleep in summer:
1. The most important thing is using natural fibres, including cotton, bamboo, and TENCEL® (which comes from the eucalyptus tree). All of them will help balance body temperature, which is important to keeping cool in the hotter summer months.
2. Choosing a duvet that is right for you is equally as important. QE Home | Quilts Etc has three different types of lightweight duvets, including long fibre mulberry silk, lightweight duck down blend, and TENCEL® (blended with microgel).
3. When it comes to covers, again, stick with natural fibres. Opt for a lower thread count, as a higher thread count means a tighter weave which usually traps heat. Try a fabric like bamboo, which evaporates three times more moisture than cotton and is better suited to regulate body temperature. TENCEL® is even more moisture wicking than cotton and tends to be more silk-like, so it feels like sleeping on a cloud.
4. When choosing pillows be aware that many are synthetic and hold in heat as well. Choose a duck down pillow instead, as it provides gentle neck support and keeps the body cooler.
5. Putting your mind in a calm state before bed is another component to keeping cool. Try surrounding yourself with fresh summer patterns and colors like turquoise, deep blue, or purple. Even grey tones and taupe work well to cool down the feel of a room. QE Home | Quilts Etc offers over 50 bedding collections with reversible, seasonal, and modern patterns created by their in-house designer and are exclusive to the brand.
Whether you have design aspirations or are just looking to sleep comfortably no matter the season, QE Home | Quilts Etc has you covered with affordable luxury bedding paired with a stress-free shopping experience. Celebrate the company’s inception into the Chilliwack market with its grand opening at Cottonwood Mall on Saturday, June 25. For product information, visit qehomelinens.com, and for more tips check out blog.qehomelinens.com.
Chilliwack residents also have a chance to win a $125 gift card to QE Home – Quilts Etc
They are giving away four $125 Gift Cards (one winner per week) to QE Home – Quilts Etc in Cottonwood Mall.
TO ENTER, find the contest information on the Chilliwack Progress Facebook page,
1. Like the photo.
2. Comment with the name of your favorite bedroom collection.
3. Share this contest post on your own Facebook timeline.