A free outdoor arts event will jazz up the picturesque Vedder River Rotary Trail next weekend.
The inaugural Vedder River Art Walk, presented by the Chilliwack Community Arts Council, is a physically distanced event for all ages on Sunday, Aug. 23 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The public is invited to stroll, bike or run along the Vedder River Rotary Trail and discover local artists, musicians, performers and food trucks stationed at various locations along the trail.
The arts council is also looking for volunteers to help out before, during and after the event from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. People are needed for two- to three-hour shifts for the following:
• greeting and orienting the public to the event;
• stocking sanitization stations, maintaining general cleanliness;
• aiding in maintaining of social distancing guidelines;
• helping artists and performers with set-up and takedown;
• offering general information and assistance to the public;
• wayfinding and providing directions.
To sign up for this volunteer event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a text to 604-999-9194.
The Vedder River Art Walk is produced by the Chilliwack Arts Council with support from The City of Chilliwack and in conjunction with The Chilliwack Chamber of Commerce.