Community

QUIZ: Meet the Simpsons

How much do you know about this iconic television family?

United Way looking for more volunteers to help those isolated in Fraser Valley and Lower Mainland

United Way’s new online platform makes it easier to seek or offer help during the COVID-19 pandemic

VIDEO: 15-year-old honours essential workers, those fallen with balcony trumpet concerts

Dylan Andrews performs from his home at the Shxw’ow’hamel First Nation

video
Find Me My Furever Home - Twister at the Chilliwack SPCA
Find Me My Furever Home - Mercy at the Chilliwack SPCA
Find Me My Furever Home - Three kittens at the Chilliwack SPCA
Miss Canada 2020

Facing changes together: Your community, your journalists

New platform allows readers to make a one-time or ongoing donation to support local journalism

• Apr 17, 2020

Chilliwack pet food producer offers six essential pet safety tips

Learn basic first aid, keep supplies on hand and be ready for anything

• Apr 17, 2020

VIDEO: Chilliwack boys ready to shave dad’s head for charity

The Sgouraditis family finds creative way to help organization that feeds students

Pandemic means changes for door-to-door newspaper delivery

Black Press asks readers across B.C. to be patient as carriers are asked not to touch surfaces

Free coffee and treats delivered to Chilliwack hospital workers

Fraser Valley Health Care Foundation hands out support to health-care workers on the job

SLIDE SHOW: Chilliwack readers share their at-home classroom setups during COVID-19 pandemic

School is still in session as homes turn into classrooms and parents turn into teachers

Acts of kindness a way to ‘bloom where planted’ say Chilliwack Rotarians

Cookie donations, cards and chocolates help lift spirits at Crystal Ridge Manor

We’re In This Together: Black Press Media puts callout for feel-good community stories

We want to tell uplifting stories you’ve seen in your community during the pandemic

Mt. Cheam Christian students safely back from Zimbabwe

Students left for two-week exchange trip just as travel advisories were beginning

Annual Walk for Alzheimer’s moves to online format for 2020

Event was originally scheduled to be held May 3 in 22 locations across B.C.

• Apr 14, 2020

Babies born during pandemic miss out on precious moments

One North Okanagan photographer gives away photography sessions to babies born during pandemic

PHOTOS: Readers share their school parade photos with the Chilliwack Progress

One teacher from Strathcona elementary wrote all the names of her students on the side of her car

QUIZ: Put your knowledge of Easter to the test

Take this 15-question quiz to see how much you know about this holiday

Researchers at UFV looking into effects of pandemic on activity and mental health

Survey is online now to gather data from people of all backgrounds on physical activity changes

PHOTOS: Teachers send ‘we miss you’ message to students via school parade in Chilliwack

Central elementary was one of several Chilliwack schools that held a parade for its students

Chilliwack neighbourhood bangs pots and pans in front of war veteran’s house

Residents bring nightly ritual to 95-year-old D-Day veteran Warner Hockin to include him

Chilliwack elementary schools roll parades through their neighbourhoods, past students’ homes

Unsworth and Central are two of many schools trying to connect teachers with students in fun way