Chilliwack has been advertised as “the great outdoors” for years… and for good reason.
According to TripAdvisor.ca, eight of the top 10 attractions in Chilliwack are out in Mother Nature.
Bridal Veil Falls Waterfall is the number-one spot on the list, followed by the Vedder River Rotary Trail and Cultus Lake Waterpark. The top attractions listed on TripAdvisor are determined by travellers’ ratings.
Here are the top 10 attractions in Chilliwack:
1) Bridal Veil Falls Waterfall — a short hike through a mossy forest will bring you to this beautiful waterfall located just off Highway 1 at Highway 9
2) Vedder River Rotary Trail — with more than 20 kilometres of trails along both the north and south sides of the Vedder River, this trail is open to walkers, joggers, cyclists, folks on horseback and more
3) Cultus Lake Waterpark — B.C.’s biggest water park with more than 25 different slides and attractions to choose from
4) Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve — this reserve is open year-round, and with more than 150 nests, it is home to one of the largest heron nesting colonies in the Lower Mainland
5) Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park — this park is characterized by a valley-bottom lake, old-growth forested slopes, and spectacular sub-alpine and alpine ridges. The sparkling Chilliwack Lake is ideal for boating, swimming, or fishing. It is also home to 40 kilometres of trails
6) Dickens Sweets and British Museum — Chilliwack’s original British grocery store, this shop/museum/tea room is a trip down memory lane depicting the golden years of the British way of life as it used to be
7) Jones Lake — this lake, also known as Wahleach Lake, is 6.4 kilometres long and one kilometre wide. It’s a great spot for many outdoor activities including camping, swimming, hiking, mountain biking and fishing
8) Lindeman Lake — a small lake in Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park, Lindeman is located at the end of a 3.4 kilometre trail. The green-blue lake water is home to a variety of fish including steelhead, rainbow trout and cutthroat trout
9) Cultus Lake — most likely Chilliwack’s most well-known lake, Cultus is a popular recreation destination for both overnight guests and daily visitors. Nearby attractions include camping, boat rentals, waterslides, an adventure park, golf and mini golf
10) Elk Mountain Hiking Trail — rated as an intermediate-level hike, the trek up Elk Mountain begins with a steady incline through a beautifully forested area. There are two stunning viewpoints on this hike, first you’ll see Cultus Lake and an overview of Chilliwack, and the next sight is a view of Chilliwack River and the United States off in the distance
For more, go to tripadvisor.ca.