News

Firefighters extinguish Cramer Drive garage fire

Firefighters from two halls successfully doused a garage fire last Thursday morning.

Halls one and four responded to a call at 6 a.m. in the 8500 block of Cramer Drive. They arrived to see smoke and flame coming out of a garage attached to a two-story home. The people inside were evacuated while the firefighters extinguished the blaze.

Damage was limited to the garage and there were no injuries.

The cause is accidental and related to misuse of extension cords.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Retaining Supreme Court services a priority, says Chilliwack mayor
 
Chilliwack ends its relationship with Walas Concepts
 
Bentall and Stone at Tractorgrease on Thursday
Retailers demand province abandon separate transit tax
 
Surrey mom who hired hit men to kill ex-husband freed from jail
 
Furlong seeks to dismiss sexual-abuse lawsuit
Sale of downtown Haney mall?
 
City staff asked to research whether White Rock pier holds national record
 
String of Surrey crashes leaves father and child with possible spinal injuries

Community Events, January 2015

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Jan 28 edition online now. Browse the archives.