News

Firefighters called out to early-morning barn burner

Firefighters from four Chilliwack fire halls were called out to an early morning blaze.

Crews arrived in the 43,000 block of Keith Wilson Road at 5:30 a.m. to find smoke coming from the north end of a barn. The barn was being used for industrial metal fabricating, and workers had already doused the fire with a portable extinguisher.

The barn sustained light fire and water damage, but there were no injuries.

The cause of the fire is considered accidental and may be related to the electrical system.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

B.C. teachers endorse six-year deal
 
Vedder Rotary trail project completion a few weeks away
 
Hundreds want a piece of the old Paramount in Chilliwack
Team Canada does one last dance showcase
 
City chooses cheapest, shortest option
 
Mountain named for pioneer surveyor
Officials gather for grand opening of The Residence
 
Flu shot clinics get underway in Mission today
 
Large hole at Westminster Pier Park work site raising eyebrows

Community Events, September 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Sep 17 edition online now. Browse the archives.