- 2015 Federal Election
Two fires keep Chilliwack firefighters busy
Two fires kept Chilliwack firefighters busy overnight Tuesday, but no one was injured and no significant damage occurred according to initial reports.
A fire in a hay barn on Jesperson Road had "a lot of potential" for damage, Assistant Fire Chief Ian Josephson said, "but, fortunately, our guys got out there in time."
Spontaneous combustion is the suspected cause of the barn fire that was reported at 5 a.m. Wednesday.
The second floor of a two-storey commercial/residential structure on McSween Road was gutted in the first fire at about 10 p.m. Tuesday.
The ground floor, which was the commercial part of the structure, suffered only water damage.
Both fires are still under investigation, and more details may be released later Wednesday.