It’s a charming Christmas Craft Crawl to experience with a carload of besties, or go solo at a leisurely pace.
Eight Christmasy and artisan-inspired stops are on the 12th Annual Chilliwack Christmas Craft Crawl, with guests artists and refreshments at each location on the south side of town.
“The organizing committee works hard each year to carefully select a great variety of fine artists and locally made products, with something different at every stop,” says Holly McKeen owner of Greendale Pottery & Country Guest House.
“It’s a unique shopping adventure in a relaxed and inviting atmosphere, away from the big box stores and crowded markets!”
It continues to grow even after years, so ‘Early Bird Thursday’ was born offering an extra day of shopping, plus extra door prizes at every location.
The Chilliwack Christmas Craft Crawl runs Thursday, Nov. 20 to Sunday Nov. 23, and all stops are open 10 a.m. 5 p.m. from Thursday to Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday.
The Craft Crawl Artists, and Business Owners will once again be supporting Ruth & Naomi’s Mission by taking donations. Last year, $1929.24 was raised for Ruth & Naomi’s with those needing a meal, or a shower or a friend in Chilliwack.
Set your Craft Crawl sights on these locations and don’t miss a stop – here’s the line-up for 2014:
1. Willow Creek Vineyard, 5568 Blackburn Road 604.490-8554. Meet Cindy Stiffon and her new shop for decorated grape vine wreaths, fresh garlands, wreaths and swags for your home. There will be Christmas baking, candy, nuts, willow serving boards and art in the loft. Plus Guest Artists: Carla Swope Jewels and Woodturners Michael Hamilton-Clark & Ross Paterson
2. Greendale Herb & Vine, 6386 Chadsey Road 604.823.4706 Katy & Doug Lowe welcome you to their delightful country shop with fresh and dried herb products, garlic, vinegars, muesli, rubs, wreaths & more. Plus Cedar story boards by Kimberley Francis
3. Greendale Pottery & Country Guest House, 42245 South Sumas Rd. 604.823.6430 Enjoy browsing Holly McKeen’s unique and colourful functional pottery designs. It’s art for everyday. Also discover crystalline porcelain, perfect for that very special Christmas gift. Plus beautiful Batiks by Guest Artist Diane Davidson-Bastien.
4. Rustic Soap Company, 42537 South Sumas Rd, 604.823.4461 by Tawnya Walsh – The cozy handmade soapmaker’s outlet is filled with the aroma of the holidays! Find a variety of natural soap, bath & body care, products, plus soy candles. Lotions, lip balm, gift tins & more! Plus Malika’s Sock Buddies.
5. Chilliwack River Valley Natural Honey, 43476 Adams Road 604.823.7400 with Shirley Pye – Check out this country style store for some lovely gift ideas. Taste all of our natural honeys, find pure beeswax candles, (poured, dipped and rolled), great gift baskets, and much more!
6. Hamels Fabrics, 5843 Lickman Road 604.846.4350 Experience “Quilting in the Country” with Pauline Hamel, who offers a full range quilt shop plus finished quilts & scarf tying demos by Marg Wilson, Textile Artist, upstairs.
7. Little Beetle Bistro 44489 South Sumas Road 604.846.5528. Jimhee Choi – Stop for some breakfast, or a lunch special at this wonderful bistro! Speciality Coffees, Paninis, fresh soups, baking & much more! Plus Special Guests: Patricia Burton with felted and down-filled tea cozies, and Heidy Friesen’s Bison leather journals.
8. Winks Home Garden & Gifts, 45657 Stevenson Rd. 604.858.7447. Wendy Murray invites guest to cCelebrate Christmas with home décor, pictures, designer jewelry, & a beautiful baby loft. Wander through Winks Christmas wonderland!
Pick up an invite and Grand Prize Entry Draw at any of the stops on the Crawl.
Visit www.chilliwackcraftcrawl.com, or Face book for a map and details, or call Holly at Greendale Pottery, 604-823-6430.